Add New “Flare” to Your Career
Inspired by architects, guided by builders, manufactured to perfection. Montigo is a local success story and the best kept secret in custom manufactured gas fireplaces for both commercial and residential purposes. Headquartered in Langley and an innovator in its field, Montigo offers the largest selection of linear fireplaces for designers, architects and homeowners wanting to create a modern and contemporary space.
We are growing and are looking for a self-starter to join our team as our next…
R&D Manufacturing Technologist
As a key member of the R&D and Product Development team, you will be responsible for translating R&D concepts into clearly documented, accurate and easy to assemble products for our production staff.
Who are you? You are a forward thinking, self-motivated and analytical problem-solver with a great get-it-done attitude. You want to learn some new skills and apply your enthusiasm to our small and dedicated R&D team. You have experience in a manufacturing environment (preferably sheet metal) and have worked with Bills of Materials (BOMs), CAD models, shop drawings and can communicate clearly across all manufacturing and production functions. You are a self-starter who is not afraid to find the information you need and are detail oriented – technical accuracy is at the core of your function. You will become the bridge between R&D and our production floor.
Along with your technical diploma, Engineering degree or equivalent experience, you have at least 3+ years of experience in a product development, R&D, laboratory or manufacturing setting. Skilled at using power and hand tools, you have the ability to perform light fabrication, assembly and design packaging (cardboard and wood). A strong communicator, you are able to work well with skilled fabricators, production staff and purchasing. You are also easy going and like to have a bit of fun! You have experience with managing BOMs, understanding drawings, designing packaging and managing multiple daily projects. Field Service or Installation experience? Even better!
Key Job Functions
- Generate and update product Bill of Materials (BOMs).
- Generate production assembly and installation instructions by utilizing photographs, drawings and CAD models (Solidworks) for fireplaces including sheet metal, electrical, gas connections and accessories.
- Design and produce packaging concepts (in-house or work with vendors) and documentation, instructions, crates, boxes for fireplace, accessories and spare parts.
- Maintain build manuals for in production models to ensure proper drawings and documentation is available and accurate.
- Use Syteline MRP system to review existing Bill of Material to aid production and QC accuracy.
- Aid in R&D Testing of units, including setup, measurement collection and data collection as required.
- Assist in assembly of fireplaces and accessories in the R&D phase.
- Liaise with external vendors such as machine shops, paint shops, packaging shops for R&D activities.
- Assist with occasional displays for tradeshows.
- High computer proficiency including Microsoft excel, MRP/ERP systems, reading engineering drawings and some basic Solidworks.
- Proficient use and ability with hand tools, drills, rivet guns, nail guns, saws, etc.
- Teamwork and get it done attitude!
How To Connect
If this sounds like you, and you want to be a part of this exciting and growing company, we want to hear from you!
To express your interest in this opportunity, please send a cover letter and resume by August 1, 2018 to email@example.com, with Attention: R&D Manufacturing Technologist in the subject line.